Affidavit of Michael Hutchinson
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE 1992 G 395
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
URI GELLER Plaintiff
- PROMETHEUS BOOKS INC
- PROMETHEUS BOOKS (UK) (a firm)
- EDDINGTON HOOK LIMITED
- VICTOR J. STENGER Defendants
- I am the sole proprietor of the firm known as Prometheus Books (UK) the second Defendant in the above matter.
- Pursuant to an arrangement with the first Defendant so to do, I publish and distribute in the United Kingdom various books, one of which was “Physics and Psychics”.
- I recollect that I perused certain portions of “Physics and Psychics” before I did anything with it but I do not recollect whether I read the passage objected to by the Plaintiff, the subject of this action. If I did it did not remain in my mind when I distributed the book and I was never conscious of disclosing any information about the Plaintiff which was untrue. I therefore say that the publication of the words objected to was entirely innocent and inadvertent and unintentional.
- I entirely accept that the Plaintiff has never been arrested and I apologise to him unreservedly.
- I undertake never to take any steps to publish further the words complained of and will only publish and distribute the said book after the words complained of have been deleted.
- Only one hundred and sixty one copies of the book in question have been sold or distributed and they were mainly to booksellers so I cannot tell on whose bookshelves the volumes referred to are reposing, so I do not see what steps I can take to correct the error of which the Plaintiff complains. There is a publication called “The Sceptic” distributed in the United Kingdom and an American publication called “The Sceptical Enquirer” distributed throughout the world, and if the Plaintiff wishes I will use my best endeavours to see that an apology is published in one or both of these publications, and will take any other reasonable steps the Plaintiff may wish by way of apology.
- I make this Affidavit pursuant to Section 4 of the Defamation Act of 1982 and without prejudice to my contention that the words are not defamatory.
SWORN at 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4 this 22nd day of May 1992
before me, James Rees
A Solicitor (James Rees)
Motivational Inspirational Speaker
Motivational, inspirational, empowering compelling 'infotainment' which leaves the audience amazed, mesmerized, motivated, enthusiastic, revitalised and with a much improved positive mental attitude, state of mind & self-belief.
"Uri Geller gave an absolutely resonating talk on his life and career. He had every single magician in the room on the edge of their seats trying to digest as much information as they could. Uri emphasized that the path to frame is through uniqueness and charisma and that professional entertainers must be creative in their pursuits of success and never shy away from publicity."
Tannens Magic Blog
"There is no spoon!"
"The world needs your amazing talents. I need them"
"The man is a natural magician. He does everything with great care, meticulous misdirection and flawless instinct. The nails are real, the keys are really borrowed, the envelopes are actually sealed, there are no stooges, there are no secret radio devices and there are no props from the magic catalogues."
James Randi (In an open letter to Abracadabra Magazine)
Sir Elton John
"The Geller Effect is one of those "para" phenomena which changed the world of phusics. What the most outstanding physicists of the last decades of this country colud grasp only as theoretical implication, Uri brought as fact into everyday life.."
Dr. Walter A. Frank. Bonn University - Germany
"Eternity is down the hall And you sit there bending spoons In your mind, in your mind"
"I Have watched Uri Geller... I have seen that so I am a believer. It was my house key and the only way I would be able to use it is get a hammer and beat it out back flat again."
"Better than watching Geller bending silver spoons, better than witnessing new born nebulae's in bloom"