To all skeptics – a big thank you
Can you imagine how flattering it is for me to know that close to five million individuals worldwide have taken the time to view Uri Geller video clips on YouTube?
Sometimes the clips are uploaded by my fans, sometimes by my detractors. A few purport to expose me. Others go to the opposite extreme and glorify me. Several feature me on the Johnny Carson show back in the Seventies — a 35-year-old, rather boring segment where nothing happens except a spoon gets a small dent in it.
Some videos try to imply that I pulled out a magnet from my hair and slipped it on my thumb in front of six rolling cameras in order to move a compass needle. Come on! I’m not that stupid!
Five million people! That’s like filling up Manchester United’s stadium to full capacity 100times or more. And the time taken to watch the actual videos comes to more than 90 years — an entire lifetime!
The people who are uploading these videos on YouTube, imagining that they are exposing me, are really giving me priceless exposure. They’re creating the most brilliant free publicity I could ever have, and certainly manufacturing more controversy… thus enhancing the mystery and mystique around Uri Geller.
The skeptics have been doing this for over 35 years! Wow! That’s a long publicity and PR campaign — and it’s all free! To calculate that in financial terms: if I had to pay for all this, I believe a Madison Avenue public relations agency would have charged me many millions of dollars over the decades. That’s what the “Get Geller” bunch have supplied me with on a silver tray: FREE PUBLICITY. There is NO such thing as bad publicity (unless you are John Edwards and you’re running for president).
Sceptics are a tiny minority but in today’s age of the internet anything is possible, so I relish the positive impact sceptics have given my career. Yes, law suits flew which created more controversy and more publicity, and yes, lawyers got richer, but say what you will, whether you think I’m a fake or you believe I’m a miracle worker, I can assure you of one thing: I must be among the best PR gurus in the world. I’ve shown that I know how to reinvent myself over and over.
And now for the punch line, the knock-out if you will: the reality of the matter is that after being controversial, to say the least, for all these decades, with so many sceptics trying to debunk me, sometimes quite viciously, here is a short summary of my latest work:
- My hit TV series The Successor has stormed the world with huge success and high ratings.
- It has been televised so far in 13 countries, with many in line to acquire my format for 2010 and 2011.
- Germany and Holland have taken the second and third season of The Next Uri Geller.
- A&E, the American cable network, will broadcast the NBC version of my series Phenomenon in Latin America, including Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Columbia, Mexico and many more South American countries.
- I have six more TV specials commissioned on other topics for Germany to be distributed worldwide.
- The two documentaries produced for Sky in which I explore the dark side of Venice were picked up for DVD distribution and Staya Erusa, the film I co-produced about human consciousness, is now available on DVD in dozens of languages.
- My special for french TV station TF1 was a raging success.
- My sensitive documentary My Friend Michael Jackson Uri’s Story, has been televised all over the world.
- My TV special with SMAP in Japan was one of the highest rated shows in Japan in the last decade.
- My line of amazing watches and rock crystal jewellery has just had its ninth anniversary on QVC, the shopping channel, and my novel Ella is in the pre-production stages of being turned into a Hollywood movie.
- Still going strong after 11 years, my radio show every tuesday on Doug Stephen’s Good Day into the United States. The 8th largest radio show in the US.
My my my….. and I almost forgot my 10 commercials in recent years, the latest being for Nissan Motor cars in Japan. I don’t mean to brag, but you sceptics, especially the ones obsessed with Uri Geller… eat your hearts out. I’m sure some of you, in particular the one in Florida who has been announcing my demise for over 30 years, could be, just could be, spitting blood!
God bless him and God bless all the sceptics who have so diligently, for so many years, contributed priceless publicity to assist my career!
I’ll give the last word to Oscar Wilde: “There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”
And one more thing, this is from the legendary David Berglas.
“If Uri is a magician, then he is the best we have ever seen, and the most famous since Houdini.
On the other hand if he is a psychic then he is the only man who can do what he does. Magician or Psychic, agree or disagree with him, either way we have to respect him for what he has done. He is truly a phenomenon”.
Motivational Inspirational Speaker
Motivational, inspirational, empowering compelling 'infotainment' which leaves the audience amazed, mesmerized, motivated, enthusiastic, revitalised and with a much improved positive mental attitude, state of mind & self-belief.
“There is no spoon!”
“The world needs your amazing talents. I need them”
“Uri Geller gave an absolutely resonating talk on his life and career. He had every single magician in the room on the edge of their seats trying to digest as much information as they could. Uri emphasized that the path to frame is through uniqueness and charisma and that professional entertainers must be creative in their pursuits of success and never shy away from publicity.”
Tannens Magic Blog
“The man is a natural magician. He does everything with great care, meticulous misdirection and flawless instinct. The nails are real, the keys are really borrowed, the envelopes are actually sealed, there are no stooges, there are no secret radio devices and there are no props from the magic catalogues.”
James Randi (In an open letter to Abracadabra Magazine)
Sir Elton John
“Eternity is down the hall And you sit there bending spoons In your mind, in your mind”
“I Have watched Uri Geller… I have seen that so I am a believer. It was my house key and the only way I would be able to use it is get a hammer and beat it out back flat again.”
“Better than watching Geller bending silver spoons, better than witnessing new born nebulae’s in bloom”